My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Top 10 CF Solutions

Welcome to this new feature on the Compassion Fatigue Solutions blog called My top 10 CF solutions.

This new addition to the blog will be updated periodically whenever inspiration strikes.

For a primer on Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma, visit my website and download a comprehensive (yet I think highly readible) article on the topic (go to www.compassionfatigue.ca click on Resources and then on “Running on Empty”) This article was originally printed in the Magazine Rehab and Community Care and has been reprinted in several allied health trade journals since then.

The first post in the Top Ten series will be on the concept of Low Impact Disclosure, or Controlled Debriefing which is a simple yet high impact strategy that helping professionals can implement immediately in their workplace and homes. I am currently finishing a longer article on this concept, but had promised recent workshop participants that I would post something on the blog so here it is, in draft form.

This is a concept that has generated lively discussion at my recent workshops, so if you want clarification, disagree or want to add something, please do not hesitate to either post a comment here, or email me.

No comments: