My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nuts and Bolts #2

Nuts and bolts is the title I use for posts that have highly varied content. So here goes:

I am writing from Timmins which is in Northeastern Ontario. Last night, on my way here, I was amused to read the Bearskin Airlines airplane prospectus which described every port of call on their trajectory as "gateway to the north" "entry to the north" "portal to the north". They all seem to be competing for that tag line. Which one is the actual gateway to the north? All of them, I suspect, for various reasons. It's wonderful to be able to speak French everywhere I go, or franglais which is my favourite language, and, it seems, favourite for Timmins francophones as well.

I read a couple of interesting blog entries today which I invite you to visit.

1) www.zenhabits.net "Success isn't a competition" Leo, the author of this blog, lives in Guam (I think, I'll need to double check that) but far away from the gateway to the north, anyhow. I like his unpretentious look at stress reduction. He has a lot of good material on the blog. Go take a peek

2) www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/

This is Tim Ferriss' blog, author of the bestseller "The Four Hour Workweek"
Now his book and his blog won't appeal to everyone. But if you are self-employed, or an entrepreneur, I highly recommend you read one of his latest posts called "Harnessing Entrepreneurial Manic-Depression: Making the Rollercoaster Work for You"
As someone who has been self employed for the past decade, I could completely relate to this post and agree with all of it.

No comments: