My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quick post

This is a quick one as I am about to jump on a train for Brampton, Ontario. I have been asked to go run a series of focus groups for a very forward-thinking large community agency who wish to prepare their managers and supervisors to respond appropriately to staff presenting with concerns surrounding compassion fatigue. I am really looking forward to hearing their thoughts and concerns about this important issue. Then it's Montreal for dinner with my siblings and nieces (always a wonderful treat) and a workshop to the National Parole Board. Then back on the train for a pitstop at home to kiss hubby and kids and change clothes and off to Toronto for a workshop with special needs educational assistants. I will be very happy to sleep in my own bed by the end of the week.

I have had the very rare opportunity to spend part of the weekend completely on my own, sans children and sans partner (they were away visiting relatives) which is very nice but also very odd, for those of you who have had children I'm sure you can relate? So this is what I did with my free time: I went to play badminton with a friend, went for a very long walk around our town, and went to see the movie Slumdog Millionaire last night (very disturbing first part but the rest is very good and worth staying through the difficult stuff, I thought) and then out for wings and beer until the ungodly hour of, gasp 11:30pm. Crazy night out on the town...

I also came across a fun blog for those of you interested in cooking with a crockpot and thereby saving on energy costs and lowering your grocery bills: take a look at www.crockpot365.blogspot.com
Freelance writer Stephanie decided to spend a year cooking with her crockpot and you can find her amusing reflections and recipes on this site.

Ok, off to the races. Wishing you a healthy week.

No comments: