My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nuts and bolts


(Springtime in Umea, Sweden)

-Compassion Fatigue Workshop: If you would like to attend one day Compassion Fatigue Workshop, I will be presenting in Toronto on June 1st, 2009 via Leading Edge Seminars. I invite you to visit their website for more information.

-Compassion Fatigue Workbook: I have not been posting as regularly as usual because I have been busy working on the final revisions of the Compassion Fatigue Workbook, which is going to press next week. I have been toiling on this workbook for several years now (and, yes, let's be honest, procrastinating as well, which means that my office is completely free of clutter right now, down to the last paper clip), but finally, the workbook is ready. It will be available on the CF solutions bookstore in a week or so. It was designed as a distance learning version of the one day CF workshop - the goal is to offer the experiential and academic material in a user-friendly workbook format.

-Mindfulness: I have been truly enjoying simple activities that make life such a wonderful thing: flying a kite with my best friend last weekend - a chinese dragon with a very long tail (the kite, not my friend), going to sleep in crisp, freshly laundered sheets that were dried on the laundry line in the sun (there is no smell like it, no wonder soap companies try to match this fragrance, but it cannot be done). Eating a plate of freshly picked fiddleheads in vinaigrette. Planting beans and tomatoes and hoping the squirrels don't eat them all.

I am always amused by the way Spring lands on our doorstep in this part of Canada. It's not a gradual event, rather it's an explosion - two or three hot days and boom spring is here and the buds are exploding and everything is sprouting in a matter of minutes.

Totally unrelated: just came back from viewing the new Star Trek movie - loved it! If you were a fan of the original series, you will not be disappointed. If you have no idea what Star Trek is, you're clearly younger than me!

Now back to writing and proofreading. I hope you have a chance to enjoy simple moments of mindfulness too.

No comments: