My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Back from Whitehorse


Wow, what a wonderful trip.

A beautiful place and amazing people. I received an incredible welcome in Whitehorse and was treated like royalty...Imagine the re-entry shock when I got home: "ahem, my water bottle is empty...(cue to my family sitting on the couch watching the olympics, ignoring me) ahem...I need to be driven to the store, someone? No? Say what? Do it myself? Oh..."

Things I learned while I was away:

1) If you live in Whitehorse and your windshield gets cracked by flying gravel, don't bother replacing it. It will only get cracked again (percentage of cracked windshields of cars I was driven in: 99%, pretty strong data I would say.)

2) If you notice, just as you are about to check in for your return flight home, that you have mistakenly booked your flights for March 20th rather than February 20th and are flying through Vancouver, the busiest airport in Canada this weekend, just cross your fingers and pray that somehow the Air Canada guy (ACG) is in a good mood. Plan B, start crying loudly. Luckily, I was just about to start working on Plan B when some miracle happened and ACG got me a seat on all three connecting flights even though they were all overbooked. Thank you ACG.

Today, instead of travelling across the country to give a talk, I am going...across the street to St Mary's of the Lake (isn't that a beautiful name for a hospital? It always makes me think of Arthurian legends for some reason).

I will post something deep and meaningful related to Compassion Fatigue later on this week. For now, I am adjusting to being back home and trying to catch up on life.

Contest winner! I would like to congratulate Mezaun on winning a copy of The Compassion Fatigue Workbook. I will be sending it to you this week.

No comments: