My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

I speak Frenglish

I had to take a week off from my weekly posts as there was a death in my family (my aunt, who had been ill with cancer for the past two years). Although we knew she was ill, her death came more quickly than expected. I therefore had to do some last minute fancy footwork to get back to Montreal for the funeral and I am very glad I did. Connecting with loved ones is definitely a wonderful way to replenish ourselves when we are facing difficult life events. I enjoyed seeing relatives that I had not seen in many years.

Then, work-wise, I had the pleasure of presenting to a team from a Montreal hospital and got to offer the workshops in Frenglish as the staff was bilingual and made up of some English speakers and some French speakers. To be honest, Frenglish is my preferred language of choice in spite of years of hard work on my mother's part to instill a clear discipline in sticking to one language at a time! I may have to go to French boot camp and then to English reform school to get the bad habits out of my system. But it was so much fun...

These are all asides, what I wish to tell you about relates to a book I was recently sent by a colleague. I'll write about that now in my official Sunday post for this week.

No comments: