My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 25, 2008

A resource for humanitarian workers and others

February is almost over. And what a confusing month in my part of the world. This morning I checked the weather in order to figure out what to wear on my run (it's not always easy to predict these days, is it -14 with a windchill of -23 or 1 degree in which case I'll be sweating buckets?). Well this morning it said "-9 celsius with freezing fog"

Freezing fog? What on earth is that? and can freezing fog actually happen when it's -9?


Have you ever heard of the Headington Institute? No, I didn't think so. Or at least very few helpers say they have when I meet up with them at workshops and meetings. And that's a shame, because the Headington Institute is providing some excellent services to helpers worldwide, and offer online resources that could be useful to all of us out there in the trenches (real and virtual, remember I work with folks who are going and returning from Afghanistan).

They have, on staff, no less than Laurie Pearlman herself, a leading researcher in the field of Vicarious Trauma and coauthor of "Trauma and the Therapist" and "Transforming the Pain" two books that are pillars of the field.

Go visit their site: www.headington-institute.org

No comments: