My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Delegating is hard



Before I publish my real post for this week, (which will come later on) I wanted to share a couple of things with you. This is a recent photo of yours truly and her handy-dandy assistants, hard at work preparing materials for a recent workshop I facilitated a few weeks ago. Cutie pie #2, who is 7, said "can I help you?" when he saw me come to the table with a huge pile of rather expensive colour prints that I needed to cut and paste. My first thought was "it's too much trouble to explain all the steps required to get this done, I'll just say no thanks." Then I thought "Really? Do those photos have to be professionally cut and straight, or else what, will people think lesser of me?" (still working on that perfectionism thing). Of course, the kids were delighted to help, got the job done in record time and then we all got to do something fun together like read Asterix or smurfs or whatnot. Delegating is hard because sometimes we don't have the energy to explain to someone else the key steps and sometimes we're just too grumpy and too serious. So thank you, cutie pies #1 and 2.

My wrists have completely healed so thank you for the lovely emails from those of you who expressed concern about receiving lengthy notes from me - no wrists were injured in the process! The soreness was caused by typing in bed (yes, that's just plain obviously silly to all of you but there you go.) Note to self: do not type in bed. Got it.

No comments: