My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Compassion Fatigue Training - Video of 1.5 hour presentation

If you would like to view a 1.5 hour talk on CF/VT, here is yours truly at the Ontario Harm Reduction Conference in Ottawa in March 2008. If you like the content of the video, share it with your pals, and please give my contact information along with it: email: whp at cogeco.ca, blog and website addresses.

www.ohtnmedia.org/ohrdp/conf_2008/video_07/

If you are potentially interested in hiring me to come present to your agency, this will give you an idea of my style although this was not an interactive workshop given that it was really short, and it should also be mentioned that my train was late and I arrived at the conference 8 minutes before starting the talk so I was a little frazzled. The cab driver who picked me up at the train station said to me "Hello! Where are you going?" and I said "Oh, I am SO late, please take me to the Delta, I am supposed to give a talk in 10 minutes" and he turned around in his seat, looked me straight in the eyes and said "I WILL get you there in time, I promise you" and off we went, on the most hair raising taxi ride I've ever had in Ottawa (that's not saying much though, as I used to live in NYC and once had a yellow cab burn all 24 red lights we encountered to get us home). But I digress.

If you know of good multimedia resources on CF out there, email me or write a comment to the blog. My goal is the create a "one stop shop" for Compassion Fatigue Solutions and the more resources we can find and share, the better.

I am going off to Toronto today to attend a workshop (rather than deliver one, which is a nice change). This will be on Trauma Assessment in preparation for the Three day Crisis Intervention training that I offer along with Dr Mike Condra in October here in Kingston: www.crisisinstitute.com

No comments: