My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back from March Break


Hi dear reader,
(This is a photo of a beaver-chewed log taken by the shores of a frozen lake in the Laurentians)
I am back from a week off where I had a chance to read novels, do some spring cleaning and watch my increasingly independent children take a ski lift by themselves (gasp). It was a sun-filled week, which was great. The break was much needed for my whole family, I think.

I have been reading and thinking exclusively in French for the past few weeks, preparing for a two day visit with oncology staff at the CHUM (Centre Hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal) so I now have to put my English hat back on to write this post. I have come across some interesting French resources on Compassion Fatigue (que je mettrai bientôt sur mon site web).

One English resource was a series of podcasts produced by the CMA (Canadian Medical Association) called "Healthy Practices: A podcast on physician health" hosted by psychiatrist Dr Mamta Gautam. Follow this link to hear the podcasts.

This week, I will also be visiting a group of nurses who work in Correctional facilities near Kingston to offer them a much deserved half day on self care.

It's officially Spring! Time to dust off your rusty bike, rollerblades or snow shoes if you live up North and get out and get moving. We live in a crazy country really, (the snowiest in the world, I found out this morning, and the second coldest) so let's celebrate the arrival of Spring by making a renewed commitment to taking care of our bodies and souls.

No comments: