My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Interesting French/English resource on consumer trends

Benoit Duguay is a professor at the ESG Business School in Montreal. He is an expert in consumer trends and a critique of overspending and overconsumption. Dr Duguay writes French and english blogs on consumer trends. The French blog is called "Causerie sur la consommation" and is updated regularly. The English blog is a little less information packed but has some interesting reflections nonetheless. It's worth a visit.

One of my good friends celebrated his 40th birthday last night. I was deep in conversation with a guest at the party, when I mentioned something that had happened in 1989 and he said to me "Um, I was three in 89, I don't really remember that event" which made me gasp and take a little step backwards. 1989? Wasn't that yesterday? Time just mercilessly keeps on moving forward doesn't it. Here's a special hello to all of you out there who think 1989 was two years ago.

This week, I am running the two day train the trainer and then going to run a one day retreat for a group of mental health professionals who work in a psychiatric setting. Sunday I am going north to present in a prison. I really enjoy the variety among the trades that I meet, it makes this work so live and interesting.

Bonne semaine à vous tous et toutes

No comments: