My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://compassionfatigue.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to work


This is a photo of two of my nieces rolling in the snow. One of them is 17 years old and still enjoys making snow angels. When was the last time you rolled in the snow? (on purpose, I mean, not wiping out in front of your driveway, as I will likely do this morning as we have received a large amount of snow and ice during the night)

I hope you had a chance to take some time off during the holidays. I was very fortunate in being able to take two full weeks off and I spent them eating (many times per day!), catching up on my sleep and connecting with friends and family. It was a welcome break after such a hectic Fall. I am now fully rested and looking forward to the next chapter in this journey.

News for the start of January 2009

Compassion Fatigue Train the Trainer:
If you are considering attending the March Train the Trainer workshop in Kingston, I encourage you not to delay in registering to avoid disappointment as the workshop is limited to 20 participants. For more information visit the link at www.compassionfatigue.ca

Compassion Fatigue Solutions Bookstore
I am putting the finishing touches on the Compassion Fatigue Solutions Bookstore, where you will be able to purchase workbooks and training materials in the months to come. This site should be going live in a week or so. I will send an announcement when it is ready. At first, there will only be a few products available on the bookstore, but I hope to build on that in the future, to provide more distance learning materials for those of you who are looking for more training opportunities.

Compassion Fatigue News Group
Charles Figley has updated his CF news group and has moved it to a much more user friendly site on Google. Consider joining this community of helpers interested in CF-related topics. To find out more cut and paste this link in your browser: http://groups.google.com/group/compassionfatigue/web/google-alerts-about-compassion-fatigue

I will be posting again in the coming days with more news and views. Here is wishing you a healthy and balanced 2009.

No comments: